Bellator 59 Results and video
I don’t even know where to start with this weekends Bellator show. Thiago Santos WHAT THE F23K? Seriously? You thought kicking a guy in the a$$hole while he was on the ground was okay? Really? DO we have to get into the many varied reasons why this is unacceptable? I guess we do, since you thought it was perfectly reasonable to put your big toe in the wrong spot on purpose, leading to an injury for Eric Prindle. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, be glad. Thiago Santos kicked Eric Prindle while he was down, he says he was trying to kick him in the ass which is legal, however, he missed the buttocks area and hit the taint, scrotum, goods area, leading to a No Contest ruling since Erick Prindle couldn’t continue. Prindle went immediately to the hospital, AND it was revealed later he has a legitimate injury from the blow. No sh!t! I watched it happen, and I have a legitimate injury just from viewing it. Thiago Santos, you suck. That was one of the ugliest blatant fouls I’ve seen in quite sometime. Below are the rest of the results. For the most part it was a good card. Patricky Pitbull delivered, as did Eduardo Dantas and Alexis Vila. Phillipe Nover was robbed, Marcin Held will be someone to keep an eye on. Amoussou is a BEAST. That’s all I got for now, time to get back to my Thanksgiving Holiday weekend drinking binge. Enjoy.
- Heavyweight Tournament Final bout: Eric Prindle vs. Thiago Santos
The bout was ruled a No Contest after Santos kicked Prindle in the groin at 1:24 of the round 1 and Prindle was unable to continue.
- Lightweight bout: Patricky Freire vs. Kurt Pellegrino
Freire defeated Pellegrino via TKO (punches) at 0:50 of round 1.
- Bantamweight Tournament Final bout: Eduardo Dantas vs. Alexis Vila
Dantas defeated Vila via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28).
- Lightweight bout: Marcin Held vs. Phillipe Nover
Held defeated Nover via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28).
Local Feature Fights
- Catchweight (175 lbs) bout: Karl Amoussou vs. Jesus Martinez
Amoussou defeated Martinez via TKO (punches) at 2:20 of round 1.
- Welterweight bout: LeVon Maynard vs. Christopher Wing
Maynard defeated Wing via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-26).
- Catchweight (175 lbs) bout: Doug Gordon vs. Lucas Pimenta
Pimenta defeated Gordon via KO (elbows) at 0:40 in round 1.
- Featherweight bout: Brylan Van Artsdalen vs. Scott Heckman
Heckman defeated Van Artsdalen via submission (standing modified guillotine) at 1:38 in round 1.
- Middleweight bout: Gregory Milliard vs. Brandon Saling
Milliard defeated Saling via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).