M-1 Global Full Fight Card and Predictions
Speaking of fights that make no sense to me, here’s a doozy. Monson vs. Fedor…? Why? How does a win over Monson help Fedor? Sure the lustre of beating Fedor has been rubbed off, yet it can’t hurt Monson. I don’t get any of the decisions ‘the M-1 Organization’ makes, any of them. Below are my predictions, as I don’t know most of the fighters, I used a different system to make my picks, enjoy. Feel free to post your predictions in the comment section. As always, my predictions are in green, Enjoy.
- Heavyweight bout: Fedor Emelianenko vs. Jeff Monson
I know this is supposed to be a squash match, but Monson is no pushover. If his cardio is in place, he takes the win by sub or T/KO. If it’s not in place, he loses by T/KO or decision. I don’t see Fedor being able to submit Monson. How this fight benefits Fedor is unknown to me, I get how it benefits others (you know who I’m referring to). Fedor needs a win badly, he needs a win over a ranked opponent badly. There is no way Monson wins a decision in Russia, no way. I expect this to be an ugly fight. Yet fully expect a glowing report of how ‘amazing’ Fedor is, and how ‘he’s back’ after a win over Monson.
- Lightweight Championship bout: Jose Figueroa (c) vs. Daniel Weichel
Jose because he’s American.
- Middleweight bout: Albert Duraev vs. Xavier Foupa-Pokam
Xavier because you can’t go against and X-man, especially their leader
- Middleweight bout: Alexander Yakovlev vs. Juan Manuel Suarez
Juan, it’s time for a Juan to win.
- Lightweight bout: Mairbek Taisumov vs. Joshua Thorpe
Mairbek, because he’s not American.
- Lightweight bout: Yuri Ivlev vs. Jerome Bouisson
Yuri, because I’ve never rooted for a Yuri before.
Preliminary card (Facebook)
- Heavyweight bout: Alexander Volkov vs. Arsen Abdulkerimov
Arsen, because I want to scream ‘Look, Arsen is winning’ while lighting the fireplace during the fight.
- Lightweight bout: Nikolai Kaushansky vs. Alexander Vinogradov
Nikolai because I was a fan of the WWF wrestler with the same first name.
- Welterweight bout: Mikhail Malyutin vs. Seydina Seck
Mikhail because that name scares me. It does.
Rumble young man Rumble