M-1 Global Results and Fedor Video while it lasts
The entire fight card was exciting, if not fast. 5 T/KO’s 1 submission and 2 decisions, one of which was Fedor vs. Monson. Not bad for an MMA card, not bad at all. The main event was a solid fight, Monson did his best, and with the knowledge that he was competing on a broken femur from Fedor’s kicks, it makes more sense why he seemed to be moving very strangely and did not shoot or engage in his normal fashion. Fedor himself looked good, in better shape than we have seen him in sometime, his kicks and punches where crisp and his takedown defense was on target. The time Fedor spent in Holland with the Dutch kickboxers was very evident. He was methodical, calculated, and spot on with his stand up attack, refusing to go into Monson’s guard, a very dangerous place. It was a solid victory for Fedor. Where Fedor goes from here is anyone’s guess. The full fight results and the fight video are below (while the video stays up).
Jeff Monson speaks about his injuries received during the fight.
- Heavyweight bout: Fedor Emelianenko vs. Jeff Monson
Emelianenko defeated Monson by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27) .
- Lightweight Championship bout: Jose Figueroa (c) vs. Daniel Weichel
Weichel defeated Figueroa via KO (punches) in round 1.
- Welterweight bout: Alexander Yakovlev vs. Juan Manuel Suarez
Yakovlev defeated Suarez via TKO (punches) in round 2.
- Lightweight bout: Yuri Ivlev vs. Jerome Bouisson
Ivlev defeated Bouisson via TKO (punch) in round 1.
- Lightweight bout: Mairbek Taisumov vs. Joshua Thorpe
Taisumov defeated Thorpe via KO (punches) in round 2.
- Lightweight bout: Mikhail Malyutin vs. Seydina Seck
Malyutin defeated Seck via KO (punch) in round 1.
- Middleweight bout: Albert Duraev vs. Xavier Foupa-Pokam
Duraev defeated Foupa-Pokam via submission (triangle choke) in round 2.
- Light Heavyweight bout: Salim Davidov vs. Sergey Kornev
Davidov defeated Kornev by unanimous decision.
Rumble young man Rumble