StrikeForce: Fedor vs. Hendo-Best outcome for Zuffa
There were 4 big winners at StrikeFoce: Fedor vs. Hendo. Hendo of course, Miesha Tate, Saffedine/Woodley (I’m counting them as 1, sue me) and lastly Zuffa, LLC.
It’s hard to determine the biggest winner. Hendo did something never before achieved, TKO’d Fedor. Miesha Tate beat Marloes Coenen at her own game with a spectacular submission. Saffedine and Woodley are most likely gonna face off for the vacant StrikeForce WW title (recently vacated by Nick Diaz to fight GSP). Then there’s Zuffa, LLC. in my opinion they are the biggest winners of the night. In one fell swoop, they potentially cut almost 2 million dollars out of the fighter payroll (per fight I might add) effectively removed the stranglehold M-1 Global held over StrikeForce (subsequently Zuffa/UFC after the purchase) while putting on a pretty spectacular show.
*Tim Kennedy gets a special mention for creatively getting his sponsor Ranger Up (Ranger Up couldn’t afford the Zuffa sponsor tax) some quality air time by bringing a double amputee Vet in the cage wearing a Ranger Up T-shirt.
Below are the full fight results.
Main card (Showtime)
- Heavyweight bout: Fedor Emelianenko vs. Dan Henderson
- Henderson defeated Emelianenko via TKO (punches) at 4:12 of round 1.
- Women’s Bantamweight Championship bout: Marloes Coenen (c) vs. Miesha Tate
- Tate defeated Coenen via submission (arm triangle) at 3:03 of round 4 to become the new women’s Bantamweight champion.
- Middleweight bout: Robbie Lawler vs. Tim Kennedy
- Kennedy defeated Lawler via unanimous decision (30–27, 30–27, 30–27).
- Welterweight bout: Paul Daley vs. Tyron Woodley
- Woodley defeated Daley via unanimous decision (29–28, 29–28, 29–28).
- Welterweight bout: Scott Smith vs. Tarec Saffiedine
- Saffiedine defeated Smith via unanimous decision (30–27, 30–27, 30–26).
- Lightweight bout: Gesias Cavalcante vs. Bobby Green
- Cavalcante defeated Green via split decision (29–28, 29–28, 28–29)
- Welterweight bout: Eduardo Pamplona vs. Tyler Stinson
- Stinson defeated Pamplona via KO (punch) at 0:15 of round 1.
- Women’s Bantamweight bout: Alexis Davis vs. Julie Kedzie
- Davis defeated Kedzie via unanimous decision (30–27, 30–27, 29–28).
- Middleweight bout: Derek Brunson vs. Lumumba Sayers
- Brunson defeated Sayers via submission (rear naked choke) at 4:33 of round 1.
- Heavyweight bout: Bryan Humes vs. Gabriel Salinas-Jones
- Salinas-Jones defeated Humes via submission (brabo choke) at 1:19 of round 3.
comedian.writer.lover…Editor in Chief.
Rumble young man Rumble.