UFC 133 Aftermath- Medical suspensions and Payouts
***UPDATE*** Fighter Salaries have been updated.
UFC 133 has come and gone. A recap of the events:
Rashad is #1 Contender at LHW.
Tito Ortiz lost (had a good showing) and still has a job with the UFC.
Matt Hamil retired.
Brittney Palmer was M.I.A.
Brian Ebersol Defeated Hallman and got a bonus. (see photo at bottom of page for why)
Attendance of 11,583 fans and a live gate of $1.5 million.
Tito Ortiz: $520,000 ($450,000 to show, $70,000 Fight of the Night bonus)
Rashad Evans: $480,000 ($225,000 to show, $185,000 win bonus, $70,000 Fight of the Night bonus)
Vitor Belfort: $345,000 ($275,000 to show, $70,000 Knockout of the Night bonus)
Brian Ebersole: $82,000 ($6,000 to show, $6,000 win bonus, $70,000 “getting those horrifying shorts off TV as soon as possible” bonus)
Mike Brown: $46,000 ($23,000 to show, $23,000 win bonus)
Yoshihiro Akiayami: $45,000
Johny Hendricks: $44,000 ($22,000 to show, $22,000 win bonus)
Matt Hamill: $32,000
Mike Pyle: $19,000
Chad Mendes: $19,000 ($9,500 to show, $9,500 win bonus)
Jorge Rivera: $18,000
Rory MacDonald: $16,000 ($8,000 to show, $8,000 win bonus)
Nam Phan: $16,000
Dennis Hallman: $15,000
Mike Pierce: $14,000
Constantinos Philippou: $12,000 ($6,000 to show, $6,000 win bonus)
Alexander Gustafsson: $12,000 ($6,000 to show, $6,000 win bonus)
Ivan Menjivar: $12,000 ($6,000 to show, $6,000 win bonus)
Rafael Natal: $12,000 ($6,000 to show, $6,000 win bonus)
Rani Yahya: $9,000
Nick Pace: $6,000
Paul Bradley: $6,000
• Tito Ortiz: Suspended 45 days for precautionary reasons
• Yoshihiro Akiyama: Suspended 60 days due to possible head injuries; must have a neurological exam before returning to competition
• Dennis Hallman: Suspended 45 days for precautionary reasons
• Mike Pyle: Suspended 45 days for precautionary reasons
• Matt Hamill: Suspended 45 days for precautionary reasons
• Rafael Natal: Suspended indefinitely due to a right-hand injury; must have hand cleared by a physician before returning to competition
• Paul Bradley: Suspended for 30 days for a left-knee injury; must be cleared by a physician before returning to
Fight Night Bonuses:
Fighters were awarded $70,000 bonuses
- Fight of the Night: Rashad Evans vs. Tito Ortiz
- Knockout of the Night: Vitor Belfort
- Submission of the Night: Not awarded as no matches ended by submission.
^Brian Ebersole was awarded an honorary “getting those horrifying shorts off TV as soon as possible” bonus by Dana White for defeating Dennis Hallman.
Rumble young man Rumble.