UFC 135: Jon Jones vs. Rampage Jackson full results live gate/attendance, medical suspensions, bonuses and fighter salaries
I love spotify, and pandora, just saying. When I drink and take my medicine, music just makes me feel good. Kinda like a good MMA show does. I’m all broken, years of BMX, Mountain Biking, Martial Arts, Skateboarding, Surfing, Snowboarding and fast women has taken it’s toll on my 36 year old body. I don’t move like a I used to, don’t heal like I used to and all the titanium in my arm makes me a great weather predictor, but a horrible sports participant. I now live vicariously through others. It’s why me and the MMABadass.com work together, we understand the others pain, physical and mental.
Rampage Jackson experienced a bit of that this weekend. Physical and mental pain, all delivered by Jon Jones, in a very Mike Tyson kind of way. Rampage admitted he was awed by Jones and couldn’t implement his game plan. Then Ben Rothwell faced a similar experience while facing Mark Hunt, as did Gomi and Hughes. UFC 135 was a solid card top to bottom.
Jon Jones: $215,000 ($70,000 to show, $70,000 win bonus, $75,000 Fight of the Night bonus)
Rampage Jackson: $325,000 ($250,000 to show, $75,000 Fight of the Night bonus)
Josh Koshcheck: $181,000 ($53,000 to show, $53,000 win bonus, $75,000 Knockout of the Night bonus)
Nate Diaz: $141,000 ($33,000 to show, $33,000 win bonus, $75,000 Submission of the Night bonus)
Matt Hughes: $100,000
Takanori Gomi: $50,000
Ben Rothwell: $50,000
Tim Boetsch: $36,000 ($18,000 to show, $18,000 win bonus)
Takeya Mizugaki: $24,000 ($12,000 to show, $12,000 win bonus)
Travis Browne: $16,000 ($8,000 to show, $8,000 win bonus)
Tony Ferguson: $16,000 ($8,000 to show, $8,000 win bonus)
Mark Hunt: $12,000 ($6,000 to show, $6,000 win bonus)
James Te-Huna: $12,000 ($6,000 to show, $6,000 win bonus)
Ricardo Romero: $10,000
Aaron Riley: $10,000
Junior Assuncao: $8,000 ($4,000 to show, $4,000 win bonus)
Nick Ring: $8,000
Rob Broughton: $6,000
Cole Escovedo: $6,000
Eddie Yagin: $4,000
Live Gate and Attendance:
Gate- $2,089,575 million dollars
Attendance at Pepsi Center in Denver – 16,344 (14,247 paid /2,097 comped)
James Te Huna; 180 Days Right Thumb or Minmimum 30 Days with clearance by ortho
Ricardo Romera; 60 Days no contact for 30 Days
Cole Escovedo; 45 days no contact for 30 Days or left foot + Left knee cleared
Eddie Yagain; 30 Days
Nick Ring; 30 Days
Aaron Riley; 180 Days or 90 Days with Oral Surgeon clearance on jaw
Takanori Gomi; 30 Days
Ben Rothwell; 60 Days no contact 45 Days
Mark Hunt; 45 days no contact for 30 Days
Matt Hughes; 45 days no contact for 30 Days
Jon Jones; 180 Days or 45 Days with clearance by Ortho for feet and right elbow
Quinton Jackson;60 Days no contact 45 Days
Fighters were awarded $75,000 bonuses.
- Fight of the Night: Jon Jones vs. Quinton Jackson
- Knockout of the Night: Josh Koscheck
- Submission of the Night: Nate Diaz
Preliminary Card (Facebook)
- Light Heavyweight bout: James Te Huna vs. Ricardo Romero
- Te Huna defeated Romero via KO (punches) at 0:47 of round 1. This bout aired on the televised broadcast following the Ferguson vs. Riley fight.
- Bantamweight bout: Takeya Mizugaki vs. Cole Escovedo
- Mizugaki defeated Escovedo via TKO (punches) at 4:30 of round 2. This bout aired on PPV broadcast following the Jones vs. Jackson fight.
- Featherweight bout: Junior Assunção vs. Eddie Yagin
- Assunção defeated Yagin via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-27).
Preliminary Card (televised)
- Middleweight bout: Nick Ring vs. Tim Boetsch
- Boetsch defeated Ring via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27).
- Lightweight bout: Tony Ferguson vs. Aaron Riley
- Ferguson defeated Riley via TKO (Corner Stoppage) at 5:00 of round 1.
- Lightweight bout: Nate Diaz vs. Takanori Gomi
- Diaz defeated Gomi via submission (armbar) at 4:27 of round 1.
- Heavyweight bout: Travis Browne vs. Rob Broughton
- Browne defeated Broughton via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).
- Heavyweight bout: Ben Rothwell vs. Mark Hunt
- Hunt defeated Rothwell via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-27, 30-27).
- Welterweight bout: Matt Hughes vs. Josh Koscheck
- Koscheck defeated Hughes via KO (punches) at 4:59 of round 1.
- Light Heavyweight Championship: Jon Jones (c) vs. Quinton Jackson
- Jones defeated Jackson via submission (rear naked choke) at 1:14 of round 4 to retain the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship.
Rumble young man Rumble