UFC 136: Edgar vs. Maynard III Full Fight card and predictions
UFC 136: Edgar vs. Maynard III is finally here. Finally, this trilogy will end, and we can start geting some new title fights at lightweight. Some of the fights hold no real interest for me, while I’m pretty positive of 1 or 2 fights outcomes I still want to see them happen. Theres some quality match ups on this card. Ran out of time for the car predictions. Like usual my predictions are in green. Enjoy.
- Lightweight Championship bout: Frankie Edgar (c) vs. Gray Maynard
The only reason I care about this fight is because they are holding up the rest of the division from sorting itself out. I don’t think Maynard looked as good after the weight cut as Edgar, plus with Edgar’s speed I expect a Decision victory for him. Frankie Edgar by decision.
- Featherweight Championship bout: José Aldo (c) vs. Kenny Florian
Kenny Florian looked almost skeletal at the weigh ins Friday, while Aldo looked healthy and ready to go. This fight seems like a foregone conclusion. I’m not sure in what universe Aldo is beatable at 145. Kenny Florian is a great fighter, he has a chance, as does anyone in a fight, I just don’t feel like he’s gonna be able to. I’m gonna go with Jose Aldo by…decision? No, T/KO.
- Middleweight bout: Chael Sonnen vs. Brian Stann
My Editor just told me “I don’t want to live in a universe where Chael Sonnen and Brian Stann fight.” I can relate. I desperately want to see Anderson vs. Chael again. On the same account, I don’t want to see Brian Sann lose. Despite that, I think Chael will grind out a decision.
- Lightweight bout: Joe Lauzon vs. Melvin Guillard
At the weigh ins Joe Lauzon looked a bit drawn, Melvin Guillard looked massive compared. Guillard is one of the most athletic 155’s in the United States. He’s explosive, a talented wrestler and doesn’t gas. Joe Lauzon is also talented, his ground game is stellar. I don’t expect him to be able to get Guillard down long enough to get a submission. I’m gonna have to go with Guillard by T/KO,
- Featherweight bout: Leonard Garcia vs. Nam Phan
This is another fight I’m not all that interested in. It’s a rematch, sure, not one that I feel helps sort out the division. Regardless, I think it’s Phan by decision.
Preliminary card (Spike TV)
- Middleweight bout: Demian Maia vs. Jorge Santiago
- Lightweight bout: Anthony Pettis vs. Jeremy Stephens
Preliminary card (Facebook)
- Heavyweight bout: Joey Beltran vs. Stipe Miocic
- Featherweight bout: Zhang Tie Quan vs. Darren Elkins
Zhang Tie Quan
- Middleweight bout: Aaron Simpson vs. Eric Schafer
- Middleweight bout: Steve Cantwell vs. Mike Massenzio