UFC 136 Results/Gate/Live attendance/Bonuses/Salaries/Medical Suspensions
I had a headline all picked out for this morning.
‘Aldo killed Kenny!’ ‘You Bastard!’
Sadly, I can not use this headline, as Aldo did no such thing. Sure he beat Kenny. By decision. In a much closer fight than I or Jose Aldo and his team expected. Never count Kenny Florian out. I think Jose Aldo’s time at 145 is coming to an end. He may need to take that big step up to 155. Hopefully he brings his dominance with him.
Who can be mad at Frankie Edgar? After surviving the first round, barely, he comes back in the 4th to finish Gray Maynard. Finish Gray Maynard, did you ever think you would read that? I never expected to see it happen, that’s for sure. Congrats to Frankie. Poor Melvin Guillard, came in as the favorite and left as the loser. I am having more and more respect for what Lauzon brings to the cage. Nam Phan and Leonard Garcia brought it again, as expected. This takes them to a tie, one win apiece. We will see a third fight, I’m sure of it. Chael Sonnen came in and put the beat down on Brian Stann. It was a great learning experience for Stann, I only expect this loss to make him better. Chael is that much closer to his rematch. Calling out Silva with a “Anderson Silva, you suck!” after his big win. I can’t wait to see that fight. As for the undercard, pretty underwhelming.
The fighter salaries will be updated as they are released.
- Frankie Edgar: Suspended until Nov. 23
- Gray Maynard: Suspended until Dec. 8
- Leonard Garcia: Suspended until Nov. 23
- Eric Schafer: Suspended until Nov. 8
- Mike Massenzio: Suspended until Nov. 23
Live Gate and Attendance:
live gate $2.23 million
- Fight of the Night: Nam Phan vs. Leonard Garcia
- Knockout of the Night: Frankie Edgar
- Submission of the Night: Joe Lauzon
Preliminary card (Facebook)
- Middleweight bout: Steve Cantwell vs. Mike Massenzio
- Massenzio defeated Cantwell via unanimous decision (29–28, 30–27, 29–28). This bout aired on the PPV broadcast following the Miocic vs Beltran fight.
- Middleweight bout: Aaron Simpson vs. Eric Schafer
- Simpson defeated Schafer via unanimous decision (30–27, 30–27, 30–27).
- Featherweight bout: Zhang Tie Quan vs. Darren Elkins
- Elkins defeated Zhang via unanimous decision (30–27, 30–26, 30–27).
- Heavyweight bout: Joey Beltran vs. Stipe Miocic
- Miocic defeated Beltran via unanimous decision (29–28, 30–27, 29–28). This bout aired on the PPV broadcast following the Edgar vs Maynard fight.
Preliminary card (Spike TV)
- Lightweight bout: Anthony Pettis vs. Jeremy Stephens
- Pettis defeated Stephens via split decision (29–28, 28–29, 29–28).
- Middleweight bout: Demian Maia vs. Jorge Santiago
- Maia defeated Santiago via unanimous decision (30–27, 30–27, 30–27).
- Lightweight bout: Melvin Guillard vs. Joe Lauzon
- Lauzon defeated Guillard via submission (rear naked choke) at 0:47 of round 1.
- Featherweight bout: Leonard Garcia vs. Nam Phan
- Phan defeated Garcia via unanimous decision (29–28, 29–28, 29–28).
- Middleweight bout: Chael Sonnen vs. Brian Stann
- Sonnen defeated Stann via submission (arm triangle choke) at 3:51 of round 2.
- Featherweight Championship bout: José Aldo (c) vs. Kenny Florian
- Aldo defeated Florian via unanimous decision (49–46, 49–46, 49–46) to retain UFC Featherweight Championship.
- Lightweight Championship bout: Frankie Edgar (c) vs. Gray Maynard
- Edgar defeated Maynard via KO (punches) at 3:54 of round 4 to retain UFC Lightweight Championship.
Rumble young man Rumble