UFC 140 ‘If I ruled the Universe’ Results*
This week, I feel as if I did rule the universe. I couldn’t have asked for a better outcome of UFC 140.
The only change in my universe is Tito Ortiz’s fight. In my universe, Tito fought a grueling 3 round war with Lil’ Nog resulting in a 1 point loss, leaving Lil’ Nog the victor and securing a final fight for Tito before he retires for good. Well, maybe there were a few other diferences in my universe. See below for the full recap of changes.
Preliminary card (Ion Television/Sportsnet)
- Light Heavyweight bout: Krzysztof Soszynski vs. Igor Pokrajac
Soszynski defeated Pokrajac via KO (punches) at 0:35 of round 1. This bout aired on the PPV broadcast following the airing of the Makdessi vs. Hallman fight.
- Featherweight bout: Mark Hominick vs. Chan Sung Jung
Jung defeated Hominick via KO (punches) at 0:03 of round 1. Becoming the holder of the UFC’s KO record, beating the unrecognized 4 second record of Duane ‘Bang’ Ludwig.
- Light Heavyweight bout: Tito Ortiz vs. Antônio Rogério Nogueira
Nogueira defeated Ortiz via split decision (29-28 29-28 30-29).
- Heavyweight bout: Frank Mir vs. Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira
Nogueira defeated Mir via submission (kimura) at 3:38 of round 1. Resulting in a broken arm, shoulder, collarbone and pinky toe. Frank Mir will be out for the next 2 years.
- Light Heavyweight Championship bout: Jon Jones (c) vs. Lyoto Machida
Jones defeated Machida via technical submission (guillotine choke) at 4:26 of round 2.
- Fight of the Night: Jon Jones vs. Lyoto Machida
- Knockout of the Night: Chan Sung Jung (Jung was awarded an additional 150,ooo for having the Official KO record in the UFC)
- Submission of the Night: Jon Jones
Rumble young man Rumble
*NOTE: Reality is overrated. This is much more fun. You just read WHAT?!
That’s right: THIS IS SATIRE. RELAX. Your world can go back to normal now…