UFC on Fuel TV: Sanchez vs. Ellenberger Results/Gate/Med/bonus/salaries
Editors Note-Due to the way the Ellenerger vs. Sanchez fight went down (a 3 round battle that coulda used 2 more rounds), Dana White has stated that all main events will be 5 round from now forward. That’s good news for all.
UFC on Fuel delivered it’s first card. What did you think? It started with a 3 round war put on by Tim Means, Two newcomers giving it their all and Jonathan Brookins KO’ing Vagner Rocha on the quick. Then the main card brought us the beast that is Ivan Menjivar, followed by a dominant and I mean Dominant performance, Two HW’s swung for the fences till one fell down and Ronny Markes edged out a win after taking some heavy heavy shots. Stefan Struve showed he’s only getting better while Dave Herman needs to focus, and finally Jake Ellenberger beat an always game and resilient Diego Sanchez potentially setting up a title shot/rematch with Carlos Condit and then possibly GSP. A good night was had by all, well most. Unfortunately for Sean Loeffler and his opponent, their fight was cancelled due to Sean injuring his ankle prefight. It’s a shame for the fans and both fighters alike. We are looking forward to seeing Sean make his debut, we expect him to be an exciting addition to the MW division. Get well soon Sean.
The information is updated as it’s released. Check back for the full info on the event.
Ratings: 217,000 viewers (looks like UFC/Fox need to up their advertising, make sure the fans know they are on Fuel and not Spike anymore)
Medical Supsensions: not released yet
Fighter Salaries: not released yet
Preliminary card (Facebook)
- Lightweight bout: Tim Means vs. Bernardo Magalhaes
Means defeated Magalhaes via unanimous decision (30–27, 30–26, 30–26).
- Lightweight bout: Anton Kuivanen vs. Justin Salas
Salas defeated Kuivanen via unanimous decision (30–27, 30–27, 29–28).
- Featherweight bout: Jonathan Brookins vs. Vagner Rocha
Brookins defeated Rocha via KO (punches) at 1:32 of round 1. This bout aired on the FUEL TV broadcast after the Simpson/Markes fight.
- Bantamweight bout: Ivan Menjivar vs. John Albert
Menjivar defeated Albert via submission (rear-naked choke) at 3:45 of round 1.
- Bantamweight bout: T.J. Dillashaw vs. Walel Watson
Dillashaw defeated Watson via unanimous decision (30–25, 30–25, 30–26).
- Heavyweight bout: Stipe Miocic vs. Philip De Fries
Miocic defeated De Fries via KO (punches) at 0:43 of round 1.
- Middleweight bout: Aaron Simpson vs. Ronny Markes
Markes defeated Simpson via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28).
- Heavyweight bout: Stefan Struve vs. Dave Herman
Struve defeated Herman via TKO (punches) at 3:52 of round 2.
- Welterweight bout: Diego Sanchez vs. Jake Ellenberger
Ellenberger defeated Sanchez via unanimous decision (29–28, 29–28, 29–28).
- Fight of the Night: Diego Sanchez vs. Jake Ellenberger
- Knockout of the Night: Stipe Miocic
- Submission of the Night: Ivan Menjivar
Rumble young man Rumble