UFC on Versus 6 recap, Full results,bonuses,gate/liveattendance,medical suspensions and fighter salaries
UFC on Versus 6 was more than I could have imagined it to be. Last night I was very disappointed by Dominick Cruz’s performance, his lack of finish and so on. With 24 hours gone by, I have a fresh view on the whole card. This morning I re watched the entire card, knowing Cruz had a broken hand from the first round greatly changes my opinion. Cruz put on a masterful performance against a super talented opponent. Mighty Mouse put on the best fight Cruz has been in quite some time.
Filled with controversial stops and failure to stops in the form of Anthony Johnson vs. Charlie Brenneman, T.J Grant vs. Shane Roller and the Yves Edwards vs. Rafaello Oliveira.
Shane Roller was submitted without a verbal or physical tap, instead, he yelped and Yamasaki the brother called the fight. Grant said at the presser that he was moments from breaking the arm, true or not, it doesn’t matter. If the fighter is intelligently defending…
Charlie Brenneman was on the receiving end of a vicious kick to the face, sending him reeling to the mat, then the fight was stopped. The problem, Brenneman was still completely aware, in fact he braced himself for impact, was sitting up when the great Yamasaki stepped in and stopped the fight early. Too early most would say. There is a case to be made that Brenneman would have ben finished soon, but we will never know.
Demetrious Johnson should move to the 125lb division when the FC puts it in place in the very very near future. Last night’s fight put the fire in Dana White, pushing the division closer to fruition. I can’t wait, some of the best fighters in the world are 125 lbers. Let the fireworks begin.
Live Gate and Attendance:
Fighters awarded $65,000 bonuses: (Joshn Neer and Keith Wisniewski received locker room bonuses per Dana White- no mention of how much)
- Fight of the Night: Matt Wiman vs. Mac Danzig
- Knockout of the Night: Anthony Johnson
- Submission of the Night: Stefan Struve
Preliminary card (Facebook)
- Bantamweight bout: Walel Watson vs. Joseph Sandoval
- Watson defeated Sandoval via TKO (strikes) at 1:17 of round 1.
- Welterweight bout: Josh Neer vs. Keith Wisniewski
- Neer defeated Wisniewski via TKO (doctor stoppage) at 5:00 of round 2.
- Lightweight bout: Shane Roller vs. TJ Grant
- Grant defeated Roller via verbal submission (armbar) at 2:12 of round 3.
- Catchweight (138 lb) bout: Mike Easton vs. Byron Bloodworth
- Easton defeated Bloodworth via TKO (knees and punches) at 4:52 of round 2.
- Lightweight bout: Michael Johnson vs. Paul Sass
- Sass defeated Johnson via submission (heel hook) at 3:00 of round 1.
- Lightweight bout: Yves Edwards vs. Rafaello Oliveira
- Edwards defeated Oliveira via TKO (punches) at 2:44 of round 2.
- Lightweight bout: Matt Wiman vs. Mac Danzig
- Wiman defeated Danzig via unanimous decision (29–28, 29–28, 29–28).
- Welterweight bout: Anthony Johnson vs. Charlie Brenneman
- Johnson defeated Brenneman via KO (head kick) at 2:49 of round 1.
- Heavyweight bout: Pat Barry vs. Stefan Struve
- Struve defeated Barry via submission (triangle choke) at 3:22 of round 2.
- Bantamweight Championship: Dominick Cruz (c) vs. Demetrious Johnson